Cisco Support Community
Community Member

IDS MC problem

When I try to launch my IDSMC, this message pop up from the web browser "Could not connect to JRun Connector Proxy".

When I try to restart my CiscoWorks Daemon Manager, this error message pop up "Could not start the CiscoWorks Daemon Manager on local computer. The service did not return an error. This could be an internal windows error or an internal service error"

anyone face this problem before?

thanks in advanced for your help.

Community Member

Re: IDS MC problem

got some problems of these , months ago.

Try checking your I.E. version on the server and clients, minimum 5.5 Sp2 and enable java sun machine.

Disable any other non-cisco java plugin.

at least reinstall ciscoworks common services and VPN/management only...;)

hope this helps

Community Member

I've been bit in the ass by this a few times myself. One thing it could be is that when you did the install you were logged into the domain as opposed to a local system account. When you install it while logged into the domian it relies on those login credentials to start the service. If you change your password or log in as someone else the services will not start.

Fix: Go into your services area, right click all the ciscoworks service (about 8 of them I think) and set them all to local account. This will allow them to start no matter who logs in.

Good luck!

Community Member

thanks Brian. I will try.

Community Member

it works!!! thanks a million!!!

CreatePlease to create content