Views
Helpful
Replies

IDS MC v1.1.1 / Sensor v4.0(2)S42 - Deploying Config Fails

cgiulini
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've upgraded the IDS MC to version 1.1.1 and a 4235 sensor to version 4.0(2)S42.

I am now trying to deploy a new configuration to the sensor through the MC and receiving a job job failure notification via email. The configuration changes look correct in the IDS MC interface, but when I look at the sensor directly (through IDS Device Mgr) it appears that the configuration has not been updated (as is indicated in the email failure notification).

I haven't had a chance yet to go looking at log files yet. Not sure if they are readily accessible on the new sensor architecture.

Error text from email:

.....deployment starts

generate configuration: Success

configuration deployment: sensor-sap.OrganizationName: Error deploying configuration files to the sensor - Invalid CLI Command: "SigComment

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker"

Errors encountered during device deployment

Deployment failed with 0 retries remaining

Deployment job failed.....

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

Chad Giulini

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jpalani
Level 1
Level 1

Please check if your MC has the Service Pack 2 for S42 i.e 4.0(2)S42. If not, update it and then retry deploy, after deleting the sensor from MC and adding it again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jpalani
Level 1
Level 1

Please check if your MC has the Service Pack 2 for S42 i.e 4.0(2)S42. If not, update it and then retry deploy, after deleting the sensor from MC and adding it again.

I deleted the sensors, reapplied SP2, rediscovered the sensors. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the assistance.

Regards,

Chad Giulini

I have tried this and multiple other combinations and have had no success... deployment of config still fails... funny enough, though, it only happens on 1 of my 10 appliances. I've even gone as far as reloading the sensor from scratch.