Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IDS MC v1.1.1 / Sensor v4.0(2)S42 - Deploying Config Fails

Hello,

I've upgraded the IDS MC to version 1.1.1 and a 4235 sensor to version 4.0(2)S42.

I am now trying to deploy a new configuration to the sensor through the MC and receiving a job job failure notification via email. The configuration changes look correct in the IDS MC interface, but when I look at the sensor directly (through IDS Device Mgr) it appears that the configuration has not been updated (as is indicated in the email failure notification).

I haven't had a chance yet to go looking at log files yet. Not sure if they are readily accessible on the new sensor architecture.

Error text from email:

.....deployment starts

generate configuration: Success

configuration deployment: sensor-sap.OrganizationName: Error deploying configuration files to the sensor - Invalid CLI Command: "SigComment

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker"

Errors encountered during device deployment

Deployment failed with 0 retries remaining

Deployment job failed.....

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

Chad Giulini

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: IDS MC v1.1.1 / Sensor v4.0(2)S42 - Deploying Config Fails

Please check if your MC has the Service Pack 2 for S42 i.e 4.0(2)S42. If not, update it and then retry deploy, after deleting the sensor from MC and adding it again.

3 REPLIES

Please check if your MC has the Service Pack 2 for S42 i.e 4.0(2)S42. If not, update it and then retry deploy, after deleting the sensor from MC and adding it again.

I deleted the sensors, reapplied SP2, rediscovered the sensors. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the assistance.

Regards,

Chad Giulini

I have tried this and multiple other combinations and have had no success... deployment of config still fails... funny enough, though, it only happens on 1 of my 10 appliances. I've even gone as far as reloading the sensor from scratch.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content