cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDS MC

ccspmcse
Level 1
Level 1

Where can I order the 90 day eval copy of IDS MC?

3 Accepted Solutions
7 Replies 7

ccspmcse
Level 1
Level 1

I tried installing the downloaded files and received errors when executing the zip file.

Please insert disk number 1 of the spanned Zip file into drive C:

Click

The diskette in drive C: is labled "Local Disk, WinZip expected "PKBACK#001"

Do you want to use it anyway?

Click

Error in file #1: bad Zip file offeset (Error local header signature not fournd): disk#1 offset: 4.

use winzip 8.1

Upgraded from 8.0 to 8.1 and it worked great. Many thanks.

In order to install the VMS 2.2 evaluation package follow the below procudure to complete the installation with ease :

Step 1 : Download the following four files from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/vms in to particular directory ( for e.g., VMS_TEMP )

Part 4 of 4 : eval-vmmc-v22-w2k-k9.zip

Part 3 of 4 : eval-vmmc-v22-w2k-k9.z03

Part 2 of 4 : eval-vmmc-v22-w2k-k9.z02

Part 1 of 4 : eval-vmmc-v22-w2k-k9.z01

Step 2 : Under VMS_TEMP directory create 3 more directories like PKBACK#001, PKBACK#002, PKBACK#003

Step 3 : Move the downloaded files in the following sequence to the respective directories :-

a) Move eval-vmmc-v22-w2k-k9.z01 to PKBACK#001 directory

b) Move eval-vmmc-v22-w2k-k9.z02 to PKBACK#002 directory

c) Move eval-vmmc-v22-w2k-k9.z03 to PKBACK#003 directory

Step 4 : Use Winzip 8.1 or above and unzip the ( eval-vmmc-v22-w2k-k9.zip ) part 4 of 4 file.

Step 5 : During this unzipping process when the installation requests for " Please insert disk number 1 of the spanned Zip file into drive C: " now select the first directory PKBACK#001. Similarly complete the procedure when asked for disk 2 & 3 by choosing PKBACK#002 & PKBACK#003 dirctories respectively.

Step 6 : Now, all the files have been inflated and available in the VMS-TEMP directory.

Step 7 : Run " autorun.exe " from the above folder and choose the components you want to install. Remember, First & foremost CiscoWorks Common management Foundation module has to be installed first before installing IDS MC / PIX MC / CSA / AUS.

Step 8 : Once the installation of Common Management foundation is completed, run the autorun.exe file again. This will automatically install the required patches for CMF before installation of the MC's.

Step 9 : Now choose the desired MC by again running the autorun.exe file.

There you go ! Congrats on successful installation.

Let me know in case you need any further assistance. U can contact me at msundaram@iitcoman.com

Cheers

Meenaakshi Sundaram. RM

Network Consultant

International Information Technology Co. LLC

I attemp to use your process but it seems that whit the last evaluation (posted in february) your procedure does not work any more. Do you have some information about this issue ?

Sabri KHEMISSA

Security Consultant

Unisys

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: