cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ids network sensor 3.1(3)S34 error!

net-wolf
Level 1
Level 1

Everything runs well before I updated 4230 to 3.1(3)S34,CSPM 2.3.3i with "CSPM-2.3.3i-S33-exe.zip" patch,the sensor can block flow using 3640 router.

After I update the sensor to 3.1(3)S34, CSPM2.3.3i to CSPM-2.3.3i-S34-exe.zip,

Then when I approve policy to sensor, cspm report an error message says "parameter not set " etc..after that the sensor can't block flow.

I delete the sensor from cspm 2.3.3i topology,when I add it again, cspm 2.3.3i said the sensor have 4 signatures differ from S34,and the same error appeard when I approve policy to sensor.

So I uninstall cspm2.3.3i,more strange question happend, When I add sensor ,cspm 2.3.3i said can't communicate with sensor ?

I run sysconfig-sensor to make sure sensor is at host id 6 org id 1 ,cspm at host id 7 org id 1,everything is the same.

What 's wrong with it ????

4 Replies 4

s.jankowski
Level 4
Level 4

Did you search the bug toolkit for any known bugs with this software version??

What is bug toolkit and where is it?

I read the REAMDE file with S34,nothing special mentioned.

ttorgerson
Level 1
Level 1

Enter CSPM world... This is the exact same problems that I have with CSPM and Ciscos sensors... Communication problems occur all of the time! I will be willing to bet that your problem lies with CSPM and not the sensor...! You can confirm that the auths, destinations, routes, hosts files all look fine and I am sure that you will see that they do. There seems to be a fine line between updating CSPM and updating a sensor. If either one does not match perfectly, WHAM!.. it does not work. I dream of the day when Cisco will finally release an acceptable product that we can all use to maintain our security related devices. Sorry that I cannot provide any help, but I have given up on CSPM and now resort to manual configurations of my sensors!

Not applicable

Thanks for your reply ,

I update to s35,and all is ok now

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: