jpkr
Level 1
Level 1

Is IDSPm same as CSPM?

7 Replies 7

joelmcf
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am unsure what IDSPm is. Can you provide us with a pointer to the reference. CSPM is the Cisco Secure Policy Manager, a windows-based management application covering IDS, Firewalls, and VPN. Historically, IDS PM has referred to the Intrusion Detection Product Manager which is obviously not product related.

If you can provide more information we will be glad to describe it further.

IDSPM is the new ids version and I worte the beta exam last month.

I think you're referring to the IDSM (Intrusion Detection System Module) for the Catalyst 6000. Its the new IDS on a Cat6K blade that works on the backplane of the Cat6K chassis. If so, no its not the same as CSPM, which is a management console (that works with the IDSM).

SC

Yeah ofcourse IDSM is the module which goes in to the Cat6k chassis.I am referring to the Beta exam that was conducted last month on IDSPM (Intrusion Detection System with Policy Manager)bye cisco.

I doubt whether it is same PM as CSPM or IDS has got different PM.

Ahh, ok. PM is probably referring to CSPM (Cisco Secure Policy Manager). There are specific versions (2.3i) for IDS (i=IDS) and PIX (2.3f=firewall).

I didn't take the beta, so I wasn't sure what you were talking about.

SC

IDSPM is the name of the new Cisco IDS certification exam. I was one of the test writers/reviewers/takers.

The test is focused on management and configuration using CSPM.

The test is scheduled to be live 31 July.

Good Luck

Yes, Thanks for that.Also I have another question clarified below....

-----------------------

kcchief01

Jul 20, 2001, 12:08pm Pacific (2.)

I spoke with one of the engineers at Networkers this week and he advised that they were not going to merge the two versions. I was told by TAC that they would, but he pretty much assured me that they were not. He also recommended running each version on two different machines due to the size of the IDS database. He explained that this could have performance issues if running with the 2.3f version on the same box. I also verified that Cisco will be phasing out the IDS Director software, but I couldn't get a timeframe on that. Hope this helps and we all feel your pain. Good luck!

Eric

----------------------

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: