cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDS running 4.x...

mowtnman
Level 1
Level 1

My understanding is that the OS running on 4.x versions is Linux. Does anyone know what flavor of linux is running?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nope, we are not running the redhat distribution per se but I do believe that RH 7.3 was built off of the 2.4.18 kernel which could be what the other person was thinking. If you were to crack the cover on a 4.X sensor, you probably would notice that a few things from an RH distribution was missing. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

scoclayton
Level 7
Level 7

IDS 4.X code is not running any particular flavor of Linux. It is a strip downed, hardened version built off of kernel 2.4.18. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your input first off...

I was just told that it was a version of Redhat 7.3 with heavy modification- so which is right?

It looks like it was based off Redhat.

There is a redhat-release file in /etc/

$ cat /etc/redhat-release

CIDS v4.0(1)S37 (Phoenix)

$

Interesting, I stand corrected. Looks like my info was bad on this one. Sorry about that.

Scott

Nope, we are not running the redhat distribution per se but I do believe that RH 7.3 was built off of the 2.4.18 kernel which could be what the other person was thinking. If you were to crack the cover on a 4.X sensor, you probably would notice that a few things from an RH distribution was missing. Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: