Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

IDS SNMP Traps 5.x

I have a 4350 that I have been trying to get snmp traps out of I have followed the configuration explanations in the link. I have used the monitoring and viewed the events that are occurring set those events to also include a the "Request SNMP Trap". So on a typical Sig configuration the two or three are Create Alert, Create Verbose Alert and Request SNMP trap. The remote server currently accepts snmp from various cisco devices in our network and other third party ups devices. I just can't seem to get snmp traps out of the IDS. Is there some missing magic?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps4077/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804cf4c9.html

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: IDS SNMP Traps 5.x

Are you sure you configured the "traps configuration" on the sensor (and not the general configuration)? You have to:

1) "enable SNMP traps"

2) "enable detailed traps for alerts"

3) specify an SNMP trap destination

4) configure a signature with the "Request SNMP trap action"

There isn't much to it. If you know how to get a trace on your workstation (wireshark, etc), add your workstation as a trap destination and make sure the traps are being sent. If they are, then you can start troubleshooting on the real SNMP trap destination.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content