Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

IDS

Hi All,

I have CSPM ver 2.3i (IDS). But How to set up a IDS network. What should I need besides CSPM ??

DO I Need a Sensor Server ? Can a server which is installed with CSPM be a Sensor Server ??

thanks

4 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: IDS

First I would suggest that you upgrade your 2.3i version to 2.3.2i. This is the most current version. Obviously, you will need a sensor. To manage the sensor you will use CSPM. There is no such thing as a "sensor server". The CSPM server is what you will use to manage the sensor. You will need to bootstrap the sensor and then configure the sensor within CSPM. Refer to the following link for additional help with this configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/ismg/policy/ver23i/index.htm

thanks,

chris

Cisco Employee

Sensors are separate, turnkey appliances that you place throughout your network. CSPM is used to remotely manage those devices and view their alarm output. Additionally, you may elect to field an alarm aggregation/correlation engine such as netForensics

Community Member

Hi,

thanks to all, it's quite clear now...but

one question, can I upgrade CSPM ver 2.3 to 3.0 ??

rgds

Cisco Employee

the current CSPM software train is 2.3, with the latest version being 2.3.2i "i" version is for IDS. CSPM is a separate product from the IDS software.

Scott C.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content