Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IDSk9-3.0-3.S12.bin not reporting true Version

I tested this as follows:

I took one of my sensors and rebuilt it with the 3.0(1)S4 recovery CD.

On reboot, the sensor correctly reported 3.0(1)S4 as the version level.

I downloaded and installed 'IDSk9-sp-3.0-3.S12.bin', and upon reboot, the sensor reported the version as '3.0(2.5)S11(0.5Build222)'

Anyone else?

Of course I cannot apply IDSk9-sig-3.0-3-S13.bin to it as it expects the version 3.0(3)S12.

5 REPLIES

Re: IDSk9-3.0-3.S12.bin not reporting true Version

A temporary workaround if u want to upgrade to S13.

Edit the file IMAGE_VERSION in /usr/nr directory and make the version ID there 3.0(3)S12.

You will then be able to upgrade the sensor to S13.

Rohit

Is IDSk9-sp-3.0-3-S12.bin going to be fixed and put out on the sfw download page? Or is it being called something else? What's the time frame on a corrected version that eliminates the work around you mention?

Cisco Employee

The problem being experienced is most likely due to having the bin file renamed on downlaod. The file must be named IDSk9-sp-3.0-3-S12.bin not IDSk9-sp-3.0-3.S12.bin as in the earlier post (notice the replacement of -S12 with .S12). If the script sees a name as above it will incorrectly install with the internal intermediate build version in the IMAGES_VERSION file. You can verify that this has happened by looking for the files REL_IMAGES_VERSION and TEST_IMAGES_VERSION in the /usr/nr directory. If both of these files are present the script did not recognize the name in the .bin and used the intermediate build information. If they do not exist then there is something else wrong.

I personally have installed IDSk9-sp-3.0-3-S12.bin and have not seen this issue.

That's interesting because yes the filename was .S12 and not -S12.

In the past I've sometimes misnamed the files and when trying to run the binary, it will *burp* and not continue until I've fixed the filename.

This time it didn't and continued to install *something*.

Thanks for the tip.

Cisco Employee

I just verified via testing that the improper name for the downloaded bin file does indeed cause the symptom described. A bug report, CSCdw35802 (installation doesnt detect incorrect bin filename), has been entered so that this installation issue can be fixed.

Also, you can uninstall with the incorrectly named bin file to revert back to previous version. Then, install with the correctly named bin file.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content