cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDSM Service Pack

tcherry
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting ready to apply the service pack to my IDSM and I have the Cisco Press "Cisco Secure Intrusion Detection System. My IDSM is currently at version 3.0(3)S13 and I want to upgrade to the new ver. 3.0(4)s20. I changed the boot device and did a reset and I am now in the maintenace mode. I do a config t and type appy servicepack site (ftp ip Address) user (ftp user id) dir (directory) file IDSM-sp-3.0-4-S20.exe This does not work. Apply is an unrecognized command. Other than the book I can not find any directions on how to do this. Anyone else having problems updating the IDSM?

3 Replies 3

jason.fletcher
Level 1
Level 1

You do not need to reboot into maintenance mode to load a service pack or signature update. Change your booting back and when it comes back up go into global config mode on the IDSM and apply the service pack from there using the apply command.

Jason Fletcher

alaa.musa
Level 1
Level 1

When you want to install a servie pack for your IDSM you don't have to boot at maintenance mode , you have to be at nor mal boot mode they goto configuration mode by type conf t then use this command :

apply ftp://administrator@192.168.0.1/files/IDSM-sp-3.0-4-S20.exe .

then it will ask you for ftp password .

tcherry
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, Upgrade worked fine. I am still confused as to why documentation states upgrade must be done from Maintenace partition. Less work this way. Again thanks for the input.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: