cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDSM

emad.mohamed
Level 1
Level 1

In the IDS Device Manager > Administration > System Information > it will display information about the IDS which included (Application Partition, General Statistics, Network Statistics and NTP). What I am looking for is WHAT the file name that holds all this information? And WHERE it is reside at the IDS sensor (4210)? Any Idea!!!

Thank you

5 Replies 5

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This information is pulled by IDM when you select the option. So there is not a single file on the system itself that contains this information, it is dynamically built in the memmory space of IDM and sent through the web browser.

If there is a specific piece of the information you are interested in, then I might be able to tell you what file IDM is pulling that one piece of information from.

thank you, What I am looking for is add more information to about the sensor configuration and also the Serial Number of the device. Basically, I would like to be able to include as much information as I can about the IDS sensor and display it through the IDM.

Unfortunately there is no method for you to add information to this page. Each entry is specifically pulled and there is no method to add other entries.

The diagnostics report will have the most information possible:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/csids/csids10/idmiev/swchap5.htm#986876

NOTE: Current appliances do not have the serial number stored in memmory on the system so there is no way to electronically query for the serial number. You have to look at the sticker on the box.

We might recommend in the future release to have the ability to se the serial number throght the configuration.

thank you

We are in the process of implementing this for the next series of IDS appliances.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: