Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IDSM2: Not Able to Re-Enable interface group 0

I tried to re-enable "interface group 0" via CLI and web based IDS Device Manager. But I have no success. When I issue the command, it seems like the IDS just lockup. I could no longer re-login to the IDS Device Manager. Also when I issue the command "show version" in CLI, it shows that the AnalysisEngine is not working. Please help.

Thanks,

---Roger

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: IDSM2: Not Able to Re-Enable interface group 0

Hi Roger,

I suggest you reset your IDSM2. Have you recently upgraded your IDSM2? Since AnalysisEngine isn't running, it's possible that an upgrade problem (see Note below) is the cause of AnalysisEngine problems -- which could explain the inability to enable interface group 0.

After you reset the IDSM2, make sure that AnalysisEngine is up and running before trying to do anything, especially an upgrade. You can verify that AnalysisEngine is "ready" by doing a "show interfaces" command via the CLI. AnalysisEngine is not ready if the "show interfaces" command responds with the string "Error: The application is processing configuration, please try again later."

Finally, make sure you're running the latest software version.

Notes:

1. If the IDSM2 is reset during an upgrade or re-image, then that upgrade or re-image will almost surely cause a problem. The IDSM2 should be re-imaged and the upgrade(s) should be re-applied.

2. Similarly, if an upgrade is attempted when AnalysisEngine is busy (as explained above), then the upgrade will likely cause a problem. The best solution is to re-image the IDSM2 back to the base image and reapply the upgrade(s).

Here's a link to instructions for re-imaging the IDSM2 AP: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/csids/csids10/hwguide/hwchap9.htm#590722

Re: IDSM2: Not Able to Re-Enable interface group 0

Thank you, Lindsey. Everything is back to normal.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content