cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDSMC 2.2

8rpalmer
Level 1
Level 1

I've read several posts now referencing the use of IDSMC version 2.2. BUT....where do you get the udate? I've searched "All of Cisco" and get no results.

Can someone provide me a link to get the update?

I'd appreciate it.

9 Replies 9

ywadhavk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Robert,

On the below url, choose the link " CiscoWorks VPN/Security Management Solution 90-day Evaluation Software"

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/sw-cw2000.shtml

Fill in the form, click on the Encryption warning/info and you will get there.

Its a single file of 500MB or so and has all the MCs

Thanks,

yatin

yatin....this is for a 90 trail subscription. I already have a licensed copy of VMS 1.1. Where can I download a full/update version of VMS 2.2?

Thanks!

Robert,

The 90-day Eval is the full version. You can import the VMS2.1 license during the VMS2.2 install and you are all set. After loading up this license, the VMS2.2 won't be a 90-day eval anymore.

Thanks,

yatin

Hi Yatin,

We bought VMS 2.1, and I dowloaded VMS 2.2. I did not upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2, just installed 2.2 directly. How can I import the license files from 2.1 CDs to 2.2? thanks a lot.

David

Did you ever get an answer to this question?

"We bought VMS 2.1, and I dowloaded VMS 2.2. I did not upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2, just installed 2.2 directly. How can I import the license files from 2.1 CDs to 2.2? thanks a lot. "

I find myself in the same situation.

My 90 license just went out at the end of Dec 2003.

I can't seem to find instructions on updating a license. All of the information talks about being prompted for a license on install...

Thanks for anyinfo you might have...

gary price

I downloaded the all-4 files and then try to extract them using the first file called eval-vmmc-v22-w2k-k9.zip. It prompts for the second file.

The extraction fails with the message

“Extracting to "C:\tftpboot\temp\"

Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no

Error in file #1: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 4”

I checked the file size against the files on the web and they are identical. What am I doing wrong?

I had the same problem. After an update to WinZip v8.1 I could extract the Zip-Files.

pcrgm1119
Level 1
Level 1

If you have VMS 2.1 and an SAS contract. You can go to the product uprade tool located in the SW center and order the upgrade.

d.rehfeldt
Level 1
Level 1

The product upgrade tool can be accessed with a valid account at the following URL: http://tools.cisco.com/gct/Upgrade/jsp/index.jsp

I had to go through my support provider to order the VMS2.2 upgrade, but you will get the entire package with a valid SAS support contract on VMS. I like to have the CD's for DR.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: