cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDSMC 2.2

8rpalmer
Level 1
Level 1

I've read several posts now referencing the use of IDSMC version 2.2. BUT....where do you get the udate? I've searched "All of Cisco" and get no results.

Can someone provide me a link to get the update?

I'd appreciate it.

9 Replies 9

ywadhavk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Robert,

On the below url, choose the link " CiscoWorks VPN/Security Management Solution 90-day Evaluation Software"

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/sw-cw2000.shtml

Fill in the form, click on the Encryption warning/info and you will get there.

Its a single file of 500MB or so and has all the MCs

Thanks,

yatin

yatin....this is for a 90 trail subscription. I already have a licensed copy of VMS 1.1. Where can I download a full/update version of VMS 2.2?

Thanks!

Robert,

The 90-day Eval is the full version. You can import the VMS2.1 license during the VMS2.2 install and you are all set. After loading up this license, the VMS2.2 won't be a 90-day eval anymore.

Thanks,

yatin

Hi Yatin,

We bought VMS 2.1, and I dowloaded VMS 2.2. I did not upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2, just installed 2.2 directly. How can I import the license files from 2.1 CDs to 2.2? thanks a lot.

David

Did you ever get an answer to this question?

"We bought VMS 2.1, and I dowloaded VMS 2.2. I did not upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2, just installed 2.2 directly. How can I import the license files from 2.1 CDs to 2.2? thanks a lot. "

I find myself in the same situation.

My 90 license just went out at the end of Dec 2003.

I can't seem to find instructions on updating a license. All of the information talks about being prompted for a license on install...

Thanks for anyinfo you might have...

gary price

I downloaded the all-4 files and then try to extract them using the first file called eval-vmmc-v22-w2k-k9.zip. It prompts for the second file.

The extraction fails with the message

“Extracting to "C:\tftpboot\temp\"

Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no

Error in file #1: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 4”

I checked the file size against the files on the web and they are identical. What am I doing wrong?

I had the same problem. After an update to WinZip v8.1 I could extract the Zip-Files.

pcrgm1119
Level 1
Level 1

If you have VMS 2.1 and an SAS contract. You can go to the product uprade tool located in the SW center and order the upgrade.

d.rehfeldt
Level 1
Level 1

The product upgrade tool can be accessed with a valid account at the following URL: http://tools.cisco.com/gct/Upgrade/jsp/index.jsp

I had to go through my support provider to order the VMS2.2 upgrade, but you will get the entire package with a valid SAS support contract on VMS. I like to have the CD's for DR.