cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IEV 3.1

r.fang
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed one 4210 IDS Ver3.1.3 with IEV for customer, There are two questions came up after the installation.

First , From the IEV, When I view all the events, there is no timestamp associates with each event, How could I enable the timestamp for each alarm event ( I also notice that, if we export the log to Excel file, there is timestamp)

Secondary, Is there any way on IEV, we could configure IEV to send email or page network operator upon receive the high security alert from IDS?

Thanks

Rawson Fang

1 Reply 1

jlin1
Level 1
Level 1

Answer to first question:

You can double click the cell of "Total Alarm Count" in any aggregation View table. It

will open an 'Alarm Information Dialog' box which displays the details of each alarm. Right click any column header in 'Alarm Information Dialog' box and select

'Show All Columns'. When you drag the horizontal scroll bar in the dialog box, you will see the 'Alarm Date', 'Alarm Time', 'Local Date' and 'Local Time' columns. 'Alarm Date' and 'Alarm Time' is the sensor GMT timestamp when the alerts occurred. 'Local Date' and 'Local Time' is the sensor local time when the alerts occurred. Another two columns "Receive Date' and 'Receive Time' is the local time of your windows host when it received those alarms through postoffice. In future IEV4.0 (beta version is already availale now), it will have a "Realtime Dashboard Window" which displays the latest coming alarms in the order of time. But IEV 4.0 can only receive alarms from 4.0 sensors.

Answer to second question:

The email and paging features are on our road map (probably in the middle of next year), but it will be implemented in Cisco IDM product, not IEV. You might contact cisco marketing for more details.