Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

iev-win.exe not installing

Hi there,

By following the documentaion step-by-step, I tried to run iev-win.exe to start the installation, but it errored out with "This program cannot be run in DOS mode"

This file is ftp down from the Sensor. Am I missing something?

Thanks

5 REPLIES

Re: iev-win.exe not installing

What is the file size of iev-win.exe after you downloaded? It should be around 21,497,236 bytes. If not, the file may gets corrupted during download.

Besides, what OS you try to install iev-win.exe? It only supports windows 2000 and NT.

I have the same problem installing this -- only it can't detect Windows XP installations properly..

Cisco Employee

Windows XP is not currently supported.

From the Release Notes:

The IDS Event Viewer is a Java-based alarm viewer and alarm manager for one to three sensors. You download the IDS Event Viewer via the IDS Device Manager and install it on the following platforms:

Windows NT 4 Service Pack 6

Windows 2000 Service Pack 1 or 2

Darn.... I thought it would be since it's based off the NT/2000 platform. I guess I will have to wait to use it anyway..

I'll use HP Openview like usual. Just wanted to see what this was like.. Thanks.

I ftp it down to my WS from the Sensor. The size is 21,073KB and I tried installing it Win2K and NT4 w/sp6a. I'll try the Device Manager technique. Many thanks to all.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content