Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IKE Keepalives prolong RAS Calls?

I have been troubleshooting call durations in to our remote access environment.

The environment is as follows Client PC VPN Client SW with modem (analog or BR ISDN) dial in to AS5300 then establish encrypted session through VPN Concentrator 3030.

I have configured dialer idle-timeout to the point where the only traffic that is considered interesting is ESP traffic.

However I am still seeing intermittent traffic (encrypted) that is managing to keep the remote access session up. I have now noticed that VPN concentrator is configured to send IKE keepalives which seems to be the culprit for prolonging calls.

I'm not sure how relevant IKE Keepalives are to this type of usage and what impact disabling them will have on the environment.

Any suggestions/pointers greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: IKE Keepalives prolong RAS Calls?

The IPSec idle timeout should still apply even if IKE keepalives are being sent across the link. However dialer idle may still count it as interesting depending on your configuration. I would suggest re-posting with your config or opening a case with the TAC.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content