cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Implementing secure protocols for infrastructure management

ggarlington
Level 1
Level 1

Due to recommendations from a security audit, the IOS network infrastructure must be managed through SSH v2, SSL or some other encrypted protocol. Currently for our routers, switches, firewalls, CSS, and APs we use TACACS+ and Telnet. What steps are necessary to move to SSH v2 and how do I maintain the same functionalities in ACS (i.e. line command logging, etc.)? Will I have additional hardware/software needs, if so any recommendations based on personal experiences?

Thanks

Gregg Garlington

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

As far as the IOS code is concerned you need to have crypto support built in with that to get you the rsa keys generated.

to have the crytp feature set you need to ios code which should also fit onto your exisiting DRAM and FLASH size or else you need to upgrade both DRAM as well as the flash to support the required ios code..

regds

Thanks, do you have anything more specfic? I know the IOS will have to support 3des for SSH v2 but what versions? How about ACS and logging?

Thanks

GG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: