cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing a PIX-4FE in a PIX525-UR

cox
Level 1
Level 1

I have a PIX525-UR which is currently configured with 3 1FE cards, I need more interfaces so will need to remove a 1FE and install a 4FE card. My question is which 1FE should I remove? personally I think ethernet2 is the logical option, however, I would like the opinion of someone who knows what they're doing. And, as my old dad used to say "measure twice, cut once".

Thanks in advance for your help.

nameif ethernet0 outside security0

nameif ethernet1 inside security100

nameif ethernet2 dmz1 security80

nameif ethernet3 dmz2 security70

nameif ethernet4 dmz3 security60

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mpalardy
Level 3
Level 3

The first expansion port number, at the top left, is interface 2. Starting from that port and going from left to right and top to bottom, the next port is interface 3, the next is interface 4, and so on.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

sghosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Leaving "ethernet0" and "ethernet1" , you can remove any one of them to replace it with a 4 port card.

Thanks

Sujit

Thanks, what happens to the config of the interface i replace. and what interface no's will the 4 new ports take?

it really depends on the slot you are inserting the new card.. the numbering starts from left to right and on each individual NIC from top to bottom.. in the increasing order...

hope this helps..

Best regards / Sampath.

Many thanks

mpalardy
Level 3
Level 3

The first expansion port number, at the top left, is interface 2. Starting from that port and going from left to right and top to bottom, the next port is interface 3, the next is interface 4, and so on.