cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interent Firewall

dave.hollings
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3640 which connects to the internet on s0 and will shortly be installing a Nokia IP330 (not my choice)for security and remote dial-in. Can anyone help in the configuration of the s0 / e0 interface. And what affect it is going to have on the other serial interfaces that connect my other offices.

2 Replies 2

wjulia
Level 1
Level 1

not sure what you're asking here...

I'm guessing you'll have something like:

LAN -- Nokia -- e0(3640)s0 -- internet

If you haven't got any firewall features ont he 3640 or filtering enabled, you shouldn't have to do anything on the router apart from configure the e0 interface to be in the same subnet as the Nokia. As for impact on other serial interfaces, in the scenario above, I can't forsee any... if your placement is different, you'll need to specify as such.

HEATH FREEL
Level 1
Level 1

I would be concerned that if your Nokia Firewall is going to connect behind the 3640, then the 3640 should not be connecting to your remote offices. The better solution is to put a second router in for the Internet connection, connect the Nokia to that and then have your 3640 on your private network connecting your other sites.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: