Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

interface redundency/design question

sorry if this is a dumb question. i've been through the forum and a bunch of google searches with no joy.

i have :

pix-active---switch-a

| ||

pix-fo-------switch-b

remote chance i know but is there a way to configure the network/pix to account for pix-active & switchb going down ?

i was thinking of something like the backup cmd on IOS, so you connect a nic from each pix to both switches.

thanks for looking.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: interface redundency/design question

Not a dumb question, but remember this: The commercially feasable thing to do when building fault tolerant networking solutions is to eliminate SPFs (single points of failure). In this design you have no single point of failure. Trying to mitigate two points of failure will be very complex nearly impossible to predict behavior. My advice is to move on to other areas of your network where you surely have SPFs. ;)

HTH

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: interface redundency/design question

Not a dumb question, but remember this: The commercially feasable thing to do when building fault tolerant networking solutions is to eliminate SPFs (single points of failure). In this design you have no single point of failure. Trying to mitigate two points of failure will be very complex nearly impossible to predict behavior. My advice is to move on to other areas of your network where you surely have SPFs. ;)

HTH

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content