Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Internal VPN tunnel to 3030 public interface

Hey forum!

I have a 3030 VPN Concentrator running 4.1. I'm trying to have internal users on the private network to have the ability to create a VPN tunnel to the Public interface from the internal network.

The problem is when I send the inital ISAKMP packet to the public IP address on the concentrator, the concentrator then responds with the private IP address and not the public. Because the client sees the response from the private address and not the public, the client will not initiate the tunnel because the response is from an unknown peer... which makes prefect sense... but I'd like for the concentrator to respond with the public IP.

Anyway to force the conecentrator respond with the public IP address when connecting from the private network?

(I know, I know... I can connect to the private interface from the internal just fine but that's not what I'm looking to do... long story!)

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Internal VPN tunnel to 3030 public interface

I think one option would be to include another 'NAT" command at the interface connecting the private addresses to the public ip addresses. I am not sure if this would work.

Views
Helpful
Replies