cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS AP1200 with PIX 501.

rdassow
Level 1
Level 1

I want to force users on a public hotspot to accept a user agreement (web page) before they get access to the internet. I would prefer to have this user agreement come up and respond to any HTTP request their web browser asks for until they accept it (kind of like a walled garden).

I have a PIX 501 and an AP1200 to do this with. I think BBSM does this however I would need to have one at each location I believe, or would it be possible to have the BBSM function across a VPN tunnel?? BBSM seems overkill since I don't need to do any billing, and was thinking of a way to do this possibly with per-user ACL's on a PIX or something of the sorts. Any thoughts?

1 Reply 1

nkhawaja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Per user ACL is an option here. Also you can configure authentication for HTTP traffic.

Here is the link..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a00800949d6.shtml

Thanks

Nadeem Khawaja

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card