Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

IOS doing FW/IPS/L2TP/PPTP/IPSEC

Hi,

I've configured my clients 2800 router running 12.4.3a Adv Security to provide the following services

Firewall - Working

IPS - Working

L2TP - Not Working

PPTP - Working

IPsec - Working

I can't seem to get the L2TP working in the live environment although in my lab it works fine. Identical config's. Believe that to be a code issue. In my lab I'm using a 3640 with 12.3.15 Adv Security.

However I can only get the PPTP and L2TP working to a MS PC. Have been trying for the last two days to get it working to a Imate PDA2K without any success.

It actually comes up and connects for about 0.5 of a second before LCP appears to receive a terminate from the PDA. Router installs route and even adds a cef entry.

Anyone ever managed to get an Imate PDA2K to talk to a Cisco. The guys at Imate are unable to help. Call logged with them for over two weeks without any useful techincal response.

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: IOS doing FW/IPS/L2TP/PPTP/IPSEC

The PIX is not configured properly to allow Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) connections, or the authentication is failing.

Verify that the following command is not in the PIX configuration.

vpdn group group_name ppp encryption mppe auto

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content