Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ip domain-name keeps on changing by itslef

Hi all,

That's a really funky one, I've never seen that.

the router is a 2621 running 12.2-15 and part of world wide network and is the only one acting like this.

I configure my ip domain-name with the our domain name, then I generate my rsa keys and then finish the ipsec config on this router and it's peer. So far so good, everything works fine, SA's get established and then encryption starts. Everything is honky dory.

Couples hours later I look back at the router and the ip domain-name is changed and once the SA's times-out there is no way to re-established them.

I have tripple A running on all routers and there are no logs of anyone changing the ip domain-name. When I change it back to what it is suppose to be everything works like a charm.

I saved my config and even restarted the router. The IOS was upgraded from 12.2-3 to 12.2-15.

Anyone as a clue as what could cause that to happen?

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: ip domain-name keeps on changing by itslef

Hi Mario,

I didn't see any bugs related to this problem. If this behavior is easily reproducible, I would suggest you to open a TAC case and have this investigated in more detail

regards

Jazib

Views
Helpful
Replies