Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP INSPECT not working with POP3

I'm running a Cisco 2600 with version 12.2.23 software that is configured for CBAC. Everything works fine except for POP3. I get a 550 error (unable to relay) message when try to reply to an email. When I remove the IP Inspect commmand from the interface, it works fine. I even allowed everything on the Access-list with ip inspect turned on and it does not work. Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES

Re: IP INSPECT not working with POP3

Any update on this? what was the problme?

Re: IP INSPECT not working with POP3

This sounds more like an inspect SMTP error than anything relating to POP3. CBAC currently has nothing that inspects POP3 traffic specifically (except the TCP inspection). If you just remove the inspect smtp command from the global config but leave the rest of the inspect statements in place, does it work? If it does, you can re-enable the SMTP inspection and enable syslogging to see exactly why CBAC is dropping the packets. We are adding ESMTP support in later 12.3T code but for now, the SMTP inspection only allows these SMTP commands in the control channel:

DATA

EHLO

EXPN

HELO

HELP

MAIL

NOOP

QUIT

RCPT

RSET

SAML

SEND

SOML

VRFY

If it sees anything else, it drops the packet.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Scott

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content