cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Routing on a 3005 IPSEC LAN2LAN ?

jhatfield
Level 1
Level 1

I have a test environment where we are connecting several sites via edge PIX 501s to a central 3005 concentrator over IPSEC Lan2Lan tunneling via the Internet

I'm using static routing, communication from Site A and B back to the hub is good (and vice versa). What I now need to do is get communication from Site A to Site B functioning across the tunnels. My central site is using 172.20.0.0 /16 and the remotes will be using 172.21.0.0 /16. Site A is 172.21.8.0/24 and site B is 172.21.9.0/24.

The 3005 documentation seems light when it comes to doing this. Is anybody out there running this type of configuration? Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

awaheed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What I gather from this is you are trying to do a Hub and Spoke with Site A & B being the spokes and 3005 is at the head-end. And you are trying to route between the Spokes through the Hub (CVPN3000). You should be able to do this without any problems as long as the Routes are added at each site properly. This has worked in the past and should work for you aswell.

Hope I understood you correctly,

Regards,

Aamir

-=-

I suspected this was the case but was not certain. My working assumption is that If I change the ACLs on the edge PIX devices to protect the spoke-to-spoke traffic the 3005 would do the rest. Thanks for the input!