cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP-STE to PSTN STE over FXO Trunk

kdunning
Level 1
Level 1

We are running a 2811 with an NM-HDV2-1T1 module (with two FXO ports) and IOS 12.4(15)T of advancedenterprisK9, along with CM4.1(2)SR1. I have followed the config info in the <Secure Communications Between IP-STE Endpoint and Line-Side Endpoint> paper for Trunk-Side STE Endpoint feature. We are using one of the FXO ports to connect to Centrex line, so we can dial other PSTN STEs. Calls proceed as unsecure, but as soon as I try secure, it fails. I followed some other recommendations in a V.150.1 modem-relay-tip document - but the command <mgcp package-capability mdste-package> is not available - could this be an issue of the router model? There is no reference on the CM side of the conifguration for the FXO port for the V.150.1 subset - only on the T1.

1) Can the 2811 actually support V.150.1? We have the right IOS and NM-HDV2 module/DSPs.

2) Can the FXO support a V.150.1 call?

3) Is there additional DSP configuration required in order for the FXOs to use them? As mentioned above, a normal call proceeds okay, we can't go secure.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: