Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPsec over Frame over satellite...resiliance.

India. We have an office in India. The local folks decided to get Internet access via a frame relay link which is established over a satellite uplink and teminates in the US and UUNET's corner of the Internet. They did this in hopes of having better overall access to the Internet than local ISP - which they say are pretty bad. Anyhow - they are complaining that some of the VPN clients drop from time to time. I don't have management access to their access routerouter (ISP says "hands off") - so troubleshooting this is difficult.

But the bottom line is I would like to know if anyone has found some settings either in the client or at the concentrator that would make the IPsec tunnel not terminate even if a few seconds of packet loss are experienced. What can be changed to make VPN tunnels more robust in these remote areas with tenuous links to the Internet. (I hear that in South America there are places where data flows over barbed wire!) Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content