cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSEC over TCP & SSL VPN

steveg
Level 1
Level 1

We have a pair of ASA5550's running 8.0(3) that are configured for ipsec-over-tcp on port 443. I'd like to enable and test ssl vpn (Anyconnect) functionality on the same ASAs - do I have to use a different port for the ssl vpns or can both services coexist on the same port?

7 Replies 7

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Both services can coexist on outside interface as it is also part of SSL clienless vpn.

Rgds

-Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

michael.leblanc
Level 4
Level 4

I think that would be analogous to expecting an FTP server to be able to share the same port number with a Web server.

One process, one port.

Use a separate port.

Michael, we are not talking about FTP, it is simply understanding Annyconnect and WebVPN, both are SSL based .

here are couple of links for reference, if I was not sure I would have not answered to the thread, I run both Anyconnect and WebVPN.

Anyconnect

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00808efbd2.shtml#req

Webvpn

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00806ea271.shtml

Rgds

-Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

The guy is talking about "ipsec-over-tcp on port 443. " Please read the initial question carefully. This will require different ports AFAIK.

Regards

Farrukh

Jorge:

You mis-understood my reply.

I was providing an "analogy", that you can't expect two different processes to share the same TCP port number.

He was indicating that he was encapsulating his existing IPSec tunnels within TCP (port 443), and was wondering whether he could "also" terminate SSL VPN tunnels on the same TCP port of the endpoint.

I was suggesting that he needs to terminate these two different processes on different TCP port numbers.

I read his post carefully, did you read mine carefully?

Another thought: He did not say his pre-existing IPsec tunnels were web-based. He may have chosen port 443 so that his VPN clients could get through a port commonly open on most firewalls.

Michael, take my apologies, indeed I did not read the Ipsec/TCP portion, misunderstanding on my part thus treated the answer on a different perspective. Your approach is logical.

Rgds

-Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Jorge:

Thank you for the gracious response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: