Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSEC Route and Nat at the same time?

jerry.roy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have public IP space for WAN and the LAN of same router. I want to route traffic to servers on my public LAN IP's and I want to NAT all the workstations out to the net. Also there will be a VPN tunnel from this router to another. I haven't found quite what I need on searching Cisco. Can it be done or do I need a Nat box on the LAN?

Thanks,

Jerry

949-221-7208

3 Replies 3

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

what do you have for hardware, and what are you looking to buy? cisco pix firewalls can do what you want, as could most routers running ios with the firewall package

kbray
Level 1
Level 1

so you want to have public IP addresses static for your servers, and at least 1 public ip address for your workstations to get out behind a NAT. And last you want to set up a L2L VPN between your router and another (Cisco?) router.

Kerry

kbray@titledata.com

Not applicable

Sounds like you're doing what I've just finished. Here is the link that completed the puzzle. It's probably the simplest way to get around the static NAT issues associated with your web/mail/etc. servers. It took me forever to find this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094634.shtml