cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSec & SSH IOS

alister.yap
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I am looking for a stable IOS version to run both SSH & IPSec. I was intending to use 12.1(5) for IPSec but apparently SSH is not supported on that IOS version.

Any comments will be most appreciated.

5 Replies 5

j-block
Level 4
Level 4

What platform? I can look it up on IOS planner. There is no GD code on any platform that supports both. It’s all ED.

jerry.roy
Level 1
Level 1

SSH DOES NOT work correctly even in their latest 12.2-2 I just received from their IOS group. It allows the SSH server to start but does not allow an SSH session (Client request) from router to router. The server portion from a software client connecting in does work, I use SecureCRT as the client.

Thanks for that. I am intending to use SecureCRT as the client and use the router (1750, 2611, 3640 & 7120) as the server. Do you have any configuration examples/recommendations.

I think the reason ssh does not work is because of the don't frag bit being turned on and when the certificates are exchanged the packets with the ipsec headers exceed the mtu. 12.2 has a new command for it : crypto ipsec df-bit [clear | set | copy] i have not tried yet to see how well it works though

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: