cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSec usage on Pix 506 & 515

tim-janousek
Level 1
Level 1

On the Pix 506, does anyone know how many IPSec sessions you can have? On the Pix 515, how many IPSec tunnels can you have?

Thanks in advance...

7 Replies 7

rrbleeker
Level 1
Level 1

If my information is correct, you can have up to 4 vpn sessions on a pix506 with software version 6.0 and prior. Version 6.1 supports up to 25 vpn sessions for a pix506. A pix515 you limit is more determined by your cpu power/memory/uplink speed. I don't think there is a set limit.

Does the 6.1 code resolve the nat issues with IPSec tunneling?

Which issue are you referring to?

If you are refering to IPSec through Nat, that feature is still only avilible on the VPN Concentrator.

Is there any documentation on the Cisco website that could confirm/deny this??

is it truly up to 25 vpn sessions for a 506 with 6.1 and greater??

We have reached the 4 vpn limit in our environment and need to add more site to site vpn's.

Being able to add them with our existing 506s and not having to upgrade to 515s would be a godsend.

The traffic acrocc the 'tunnels' are very low and would not be overwhelming on the 506s. We just need the connectivity.

I also need confirmation of a greater than 4 capability of vpn tunnels on a PIX 506. 25 would be GREAT but 8 would be fine for us.

johnhanna
Level 1
Level 1

How about PPTP sessions? What's the limit there?

I'm looking for simultaneous tunnel limit on PIX 506?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: