cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSEC Win2000/cisco 2621 question

is-il
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody successfully use built-in IPSec in Windows 2000 with Cisco 2621 VPN? We had no luck.

Any tips or docs regarding this issue?

Any help is really appreciated.

Regards,

Daniel Mester.

10 Replies 10

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

I am pretty sure you’re going to have to use the VPN client that Cisco is coming out with for IOS (It was just released for terminating tunnels to the VPN concentrators. The IOS version is supposed to be out pretty soon.) In the meantime, I’d just use the Windows 95/98 version.

michael.gessner
Level 1
Level 1

I got the W2K native client working with a C3620 with pre-shared key. Pls. send me you e-mail so i can send you our config.

Michael Gessner

michael.gessner@tplusi.de

Hi Michael,

I'm trying to conf W2K with Cisco VPN Client 3.5.1 against a C3640, and experiemcing ptoblems.

Could you send me your conf samples (confidentiality warranted.)

irotaeche@es.ibm.com

Hello,

I'm also trying to config Win2k to work with a 3640. Phase I works. Phase II does not. I'd also like to see a sample of the setup, especially the Win2k side. Thanks,

Hi Michael

I have the Cisco safenet/soft-pk vpn client(Windows98/95/NT) working with my companies 2621 but

I was having trouble with the native W2K tunnel client. Could you please send me your configs? I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Sam Stewart

sstewart@griffintravel.com

i'm having problems too can you send me a configuration too. thanks michael

Michael,

I would like that config too. Thank you.

federico.madar@comsat.com.ar

i.systems
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2621 using PPTP to a win2k server - the clients use the built-in microsoft pptp client. I have been having performance issues although it could be related to MTU settings which I am still working on; but I can terminal in and manage my servers. If you're interested in my config, just let me know.

brendan@wlgmail.com

i intersted you config,please send me config.my email:rop@etang.com.

thanks

brad
Level 1
Level 1

I can not specifically say for the 2621, but for the most part Cisco's IOS implimentation of IPSec is version dependant and platform independant.

You can (and I have) successfully configured a Win2K Server (not workstation) to tunnel into an IOS Router. The limitations are that this must be a LAN-to-LAN tunnel on a multihomed server. There is currently no support for using the MS native IPSec client. For this you would have to use IPSec over L2TP which I have seen documented, but not yet tested.

I heard a rumor that Cisco was releasing an IOS version that supported the MS IPSec client natively. I thought perhaps in 12.2.8T which is already released. Again, this was only a rumor and I can not say that I have heard any mention of it from Cisco.

Brad.