cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to allocate bandwidth to an application in an L2L tunnel?

agcastle2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In an L2L tunnel, we wanted to allocate bandwidth for all users in Site A when accessing applications (Web-based and thick) in a server in Site B. The responses for both applications are not acceptable.

The same VPN link between the two sites is also used by other applications i.e. DC replication, etc. and the Internet link used for VPN is also used for SMTP and Lotus Notes.

In Site A, the tunnel is terminated outside of the PIX 7.2(2) and Site B is terminated outside of ASA 5510 7.2(2). The routers infront of these firewalls have PBR such that PAT?ed address from the firewall is routed to the ADSL instead of the serial interface.

If we?ll upgrade the Internet line, I have to make sure that it will resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Archie

2 Replies 2

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

I think that by doing traffic policing this can be accomplished.

Hi,

Thanks.

- The first challenge is where to apply QoS i.e. do traffic policing/allocate bandwidth for IPSec use. My guess is on the router but I'm not 100% sure.

-If on the router, what's the command?

- Once the first challenge is done, can I do traffic policing on applications inside VPN which are terminated on PIX and ASA?

Regards,

Archie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: