cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to remove a license previously installed on ASA?

ddelange
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm currently reconfiguring an ASA5510 installation to a HA setup with a second 5510.

The old 5510 has an "AnyConnect for Mobile" license which isn't being used. So we upgrade that one to a SecPlus License to enable failover posibilities and we bought a new 5510 also with a SecPlus license. When I'm trying to enable failover I get the message that my mate hasn't got the "AnyConnect for Mobile" license.

I know for failover both devices must be exactly the same (at first i thougth that the AnyConnect license would be lost when upgrading to SecPlus). So now I'm wondering and searching for solutions to remove the AnyConnect license (because we don't use it).

Anyone got a clue?

Kind Regards and thanks in advance for your efforts!

Daniel de Lange

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only thing you could do is to remove the activation key and put back a key that doesn't enable the Anyconnect.

Not sure if you could get it from licensing, but you could try.

PK

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only thing you could do is to remove the activation key and put back a key that doesn't enable the Anyconnect.

Not sure if you could get it from licensing, but you could try.

PK

I believe that's indeed the right way. We haven't got any other authorization keys so i've made a TAC request for the licensing team and currently awaiting there answer. When I've got it, i'll update the post!

Regards,

Daniel

Keep us posted.

PK

ddelange
Level 1
Level 1

I've got my problem fixed with a little help from the Cisco License Team.

I got a new authorization key which didn't include my "Anyconnect for Mobile" license. I've simply updated the authorization key with the one provided by the license team, performed a reboot and it works great now.

I assume that this is also possible without the help of the license team by simply replacing your current authorization key with the one used prior to upgrading your license. But of that i'm not sure. I do know that i'm gonna save all authorization keys for my customers in case this happens again

PK i'm gonna give you the correct answer for the points and responding offcourse

Kind Regards,

Daniel

Thank Daniel, glad we could fix it.

It will also benefit others that might face the same issue in the future, it also about the community

Take care,

PK

This is an interesting and effective solution. But would it also have been an effective solution to update the code version to 8.3? In 8.3 the licenses are additive and there is no longer a requirements that both ASA have exactly the same licenses.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thank you for nothing this. I have to complete this for a client that instaled a 50 seat ssl license on just one ASA in an active/standby pair, breaking failover.  Fun times.

Zac

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card