Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Is it possible to use a Pix as a hub, between 2 vpn tunnel???

Hallo

I have a router going to a pix501 (vpn) and this pix is going to another FW (vpn).

My goal is to bring protected info from behind the router to behind the second FW, using the pix as a "hub". ->

Spoke -> Hub -> Spoke

I read on the forum from Aamir Waheed, (Cisco Systems, Inc). that usually only a router was abble to work as a hub in a vpn implementation.

It's that still so or is there a new version of Pix who could do that.

Thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: Is it possible to use a Pix as a hub, between 2 vpn tunnel??

Hi

It was certainly the case with 6.22, and from reading the release notes to 6.31there appears to be no change, i.e. the pix cannot route packets in and out of the same interface. You will either have to consider implementing a fully meshed vpn topology, or if the connectivity you require between your "spoke" sites is infrequent, you could maybe use some sort of terminal services setup or pcanywhere style software on a pc in your "hub" site, and hop onto this pc from one spoke, and back out to the other.

Regards

Kev

Re: Is it possible to use a Pix as a hub, between 2 vpn tunnel??

I think we may use a sort of terminal services or change our design (mesh vpn is not authorized by our policy....).

Thanks for the info

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content