cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there an alternative to integrate NAC Appliance and Active Directory on Windows 2008 64 bits

arturo.monroy
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to integrate a NAC appliance solution in a network where all the domian servers and almost all the aplications servers are Windows 2008 64 bits.

Could someone help me to confirm if Active Directory (AD) on Windows 2008 is not supported, and tell me what alternatives exist to authenticate users considering that is not possible to do any change on the servers. They are going to continue being Windows 2008 64 bits.

The original idea was to use AD SSO to authenticate users, but I have read that  this is not supported on Windows 2008 64 bits.

I will appreciate any help or suggestion.

Regards

Arturo Monroy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Arturo,

You can use LDAP. Setup a LDAP auth provider and have your clients provide their credentials.

This won't be a single-signon scenario though. They would have to enter their credentials again on the NAC agent.

Support for 64-bit is on it's way and will be out in the new versions soon.

HTH,

Faisal

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Arturo,

You can use LDAP. Setup a LDAP auth provider and have your clients provide their credentials.

This won't be a single-signon scenario though. They would have to enter their credentials again on the NAC agent.

Support for 64-bit is on it's way and will be out in the new versions soon.

HTH,

Faisal

Thank Faisal, I will try to test LDAP authentication this week as soon as possible.

Regards

Hi  Faisal,

The LDAP authentication is working OK.

Thanks and best regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card