Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ISD MC and SSH

After I created an entry for a 4.X sensor in my IDS MC I used the "Query Sensor" button and got the response: Error "null". This looked weird so I ran an audit log report and I saw this message:

"Ths SSH Fingerprint was changed and the IDS MC continued with the communication. Please remove the offending key to avoid this error message."

How can I correct this problem?

2 REPLIES

Re: ISD MC and SSH

Eric,

You may want to try this... Go to the IDS box you are trying to manage with your web browser (not sure how to do it off of CLI just yet). So https://yoursensor.yourcompany.blah.blah and under "Device" the "Sensor Setup" you should see a selection on the left side called "SSH" and "Generate Keys" you may want to generate another one and then return to your IDS Management Center and delete the host you added and then read it. It also sounds like your not using the IDS MC to "Discover Settings" on the Sensors I find that this usually works better with less effort than typing it all in manually.

Re: ISD MC and SSH

Problem fixed...

Found out that the the known hosts file in the .ssh directory did not have a listing for my new sensor. I regenerated keys and it worked.

Views
Helpful
Replies