Helpful
Replies

ISDN Backup over ISP

lscholer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i have the Szenario below:

spoke cisco 1841 over DSL on hub cisco 1841. This connection works fine with GRE an flowting Route.

For this connection i have to configure an ISDN Backup.

The Backup works fine, if i make a connection direct to the BRI of the Hub

Router. But i have to configure an ISDN Backup over an ISP, this mean, that the spoke setup a connection over the Internet to the DSL Tunnel on the Hub.

Can anybody tell me, how i do to configure the router, that the Backup runs over the Internet?

Thanks in advance

Lorenz

1 Reply 1

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

if i read your post u have already got one GRE in place to carry the traffic to the HUB via the DSL now u want to add up a ISDN Backup for this primary connection.

y cant u think of another GRE tunnel over this ISDN and terminate the same at the hub end ?

you can configure the static routes accordingly but do remember u need to have keepalive configured under ur GRE to have the auto fallback.

if this doesnt solves ur query do post out what you exactly need and also post the running config of your box.

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: