Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ISE setup error

I have a demo ISE server running 1.2. I cleared the database and am running the setup wizard through the web mgmt. In the network devices portion of the setup I selected the switch and WLC I have on my lab network, but I get an error that says something like "Cannot create WLC. IP address already exists." I created 4 different VLANs for users/guests; wired/wireless and different SSIDs for users/guests...which I should really need to do with ISE, right? Anyway, I wanted to be sure I wasn't using the same IP address for any of the options in device setup. The only issue I could possibly think of is that I'm using the same VLAN for the management interface of the switch and WLC as the wired users.

Any suggestions?

Everyone's tags (2)
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: ISE setup error

So it seems you are thiniking correct, In ISE you cannot add same IP/radius client twice. You may also need to check in case you're using default device definition when no specific device definition is found for a RADIUS request.

www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1.1/user_guide/ise_man_network_devices.html#wp1053468

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~BR Jatin Katyal **Do rate helpful posts**

Re:ISE setup error

I think I found the problem. In the device setup, I used /24 on the address of the switch and WLC, as directed by Cisco's ISE book. It should be /32.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Cisco Employee

ISE setup error

Thanks for updating the thread.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~BR Jatin Katyal **Do rate helpful posts**
Views
Helpful
Replies