Views
Helpful
Replies

IVR and AAA

lsmgms
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am new to cisco and I really need somebody to help me on this.

I need to configure the cisco voice gateway so that

i) When an user (from netmeeting) trying to call to POTS attached the gateway, he can hear IVR to ask for user and pin number.

ii) When the POTS trying to call to PSTN / other gateway, the user also have to provide user and pin info.

I attempt to use Radius server for the aboved purposes.

My questions are:

a) the aaa authentication command only applied to login, ppp or arap. Which one that I should use for these cases? The user and the voice gateway could be at the LAN instead of dial-up.

b) there are a few TCL scripts that can be used, differentiate by the way to collect user and pin info. But i do not understand what does it meant by from ANI, DNIS, NULL and null password. What are DNIS (calling number?) and ANI (where this info stored?).

c) what are accounts? Is that an user that added in User file of radius server? Is the account should be the the same as the phone number the user dial?

d) what are lines (VTY lines) and Interfaces ?

Thanks for any comment and best regards.

2 Replies 2

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (http://www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

asaidu
Level 1
Level 1

contact me personally for some config, i have some configs to spare, sorry i just saw this on this site now .Though, i'm using a third pary billing/radius software called TGBM( telephony gateway billing manager).Well, contact me at dashaba@hotmail.com and i'll render u all possible help i can

Abdelaziz