Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Jobs

I recently moved to Virginia and I hear this is silicon valley #2. I am CCNA certified and hold a MCSE along with other certifications. I used to work for Worldcom as a frame relay tech in Missouri

I am primarily interested in telecommunications and my real goal is to one day work with Cisco routers.

Now, I am looking for a job but no one seems to be hiring here. I attend these high tech fairs and most of the recruiters look interested but I think most of the time they are there to only collect resumes. I also send out resumes but no one seems call.

I am wondering what I should do?

Any help on the matter will be appreciated...

Thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: Jobs

Well this isn’t really a job forum but you might look at one of the many websites that’s are. I know this market is pretty tough right now but that should turn around. CCNA is good but I would keep trying to make your way towards CCIE if I were you. Make yourself as valuable to a potential employer as possible. Good luck.

Re: Jobs

well i fully agreed with you, the job situation is overall very tight not only in US but also other part of this technology, so, my suggestion is the same, try to search for the job but also increase your technical capability. GoodLuck.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content