cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Key-Server on 7200 without VAM2+

HUBERT RESCH
Level 3
Level 3

Hi I have to implement a Key-Server for GETVPN (about 70 GM) on a 7200 with NPE-G2 without a VAM2+ or VSA. Do you think this would run ?

I cannot find any performance-data for KS on 7200 in SW.

I have to implement it in this way because Key-Server and GM is not possible now on one Box, and the 7200 with VAM2+ must be GM.

Hubert

2 Replies 2

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

Cooperative key servers provide redundancy to GET VPN. Multiple key servers are supported by GET VPN to ensure redundancy, high availability, and fast recovery if the primary key server fails. Cooperating GDOI key servers jointly manage the GDOI registrations for the group. Each key server is an active key server, handling GDOI registration requests from group members. Because the key servers are cooperating, each key server distributes the same state to the group members that register with it. Load balancing is achieved because each of the GDOI key servers can service a portion of the GDOI registrations.

Hi my question was if a key-server can be configured (and will run) on a 7200er-G2 without any HW-Encryption like VSA or VAM+.