Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

kiwi syslog deamon

hey everyone,

I have been thinking about making a win 2000 machine a syslog server. I have heard of kiwi software, I was just wondering if you guys have had any experience with it both pro or con.

Thanks

mjb

• Other Security Subjects
6 REPLIES

Re: kiwi syslog deamon

Been using Kiwi for about 4 years now. A lot better than Cisco's PSS. Lots of customization, and the output is clean and easy to read. And best of all, it's freeware.

~rls

Never heard about Cisco PSS. Any ideas around please forward.

Thx

da'

Sorry, that's PFSS, Pix Firewall Syslog Server. You can download it from the software center.

~rls

I've been using it for several months now. I did a bit of research before I installed it here and I found that most people with Cisco are using it.

I've also installed D-Shield on the same machine and it sends reports back to D-Shields server about the hack attempts and then sends emails to the Abuse/Security address for the Owners of the originating domain/IP subnet.

We Log our Data to a SQL Server so we can Query it when ever we like. The SQL Server We have a Scheduled task so to cleans up the log table and keeps the last X days of log.

Scott<-

to get the sql functionality, do you not have to get the full blown version, not just the freeware?

thanks

matt

You do, but it's not that expensive. I think it was around $60-70. Plus, it makes for all sorts of fun SQL projects. . .

-gabe

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.