cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lan Intrusion

hhilario
Level 1
Level 1

Im worried we have been attacked or at least some intrusions has been going on. How do I detect, with some kind of certanty, that some is doing naughty things on my lan from the outside (we have been watching our guys inside and havent found nothing compromising yet). BTW, we dont have anything that offers "security" besides a proxy without policies.

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Security is one of the key features that has to be considered during the Network design. If you have servers in your LAN which are accessible from outside , you should certainly consider deploying some sort of security . This could range from applying access-lists on your perimeter router to having a PIX firewall or using the Intrusion detection systems.

You could use a sniffer to sniff packets if you want to check the packets coming into the LAN. Free downloads are available. But I would recommend that you consider implementing some sort of Security into the system.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: