cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LAN IP Scheme 10.x.x.x /8 and VPN Pool

mparella
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to configure a VPN Pool for use when the local subnet uses a 10.x.x.x /8 scheme? I ask because I was under the impression you had to define a unique range that was of a similar "class" as your local subnet. With a 10.x /8, you would not have such an option. I would like to avoid having to reconfigure my entire local IP scheme.

Thank You.

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

As a general practice and general recommendation you can make use of different pools either from 172.0.0 or from 192.168.0.0 but do make sure that you are creating proper access-lists permitting the enough/required access from the RAVPN to the inside local network.

regds

Thank You very much. Lastly, then if I am to understand correctly I can in fact create a vpn pool with addresses from the 172.16.x.x range the same way I would normally do it? When you say creating the "proper access-list", is it any thing additonal over what I would normally do for RAVPN?

Thanks again, I appreciate you help very much.

hi

The process of creating a VPN pool will be the same as what you are doing currently for creating a pool with 10.x.x.x series.

I mentioned about proper access-lsit if you are doing the same in PIX firewall.

If you dont have proper access-list statements permitting the traffic from the new pool defined you wont be able to access the inside resource thru vpn.

Also refer these links for more info on the same..

These links basically discuss about the different config scenario both with PIX and Router acting as VPN Server..

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a008009484e.shtml

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094685.shtml

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: