cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lan to LAN ipsec

agolberg
Level 1
Level 1

I'm a beginner, so please bare with me. I'm trying to get a lan to lan tunnel between a LInksys VPN router and a cisco 3000 conectrator. I can get the tunnnel created but can't get clients behind the linksys router to see the private side of the concentrator. Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

engel
Level 2
Level 2

This may be an issue of interoperability between Linksys router and VPN3000. Have you try to ping from a machine behind VPN3000 to the internal lan protected by Linksys router ? Tunnel`s initiator from VPN3000 may create a tunnel that is available from Linksys protected network.

I am not able to ping from behind the Cisco VPN3000 to behind the Linksys router but I suspect this is because the LAN routers behind the Cisco VPN have no route for the network that is behind the Linksys VPN. I can, however, ping clients behind the Linksys VPN from the Cisco concentrator itself.

I have discovered something though. From behind the Linksys VPN router I can ping the the private interface of the Cisco VPN concentrator. But still nothing else on the same internal network.

I know I'm probably confusing you by now. Any help is greatly appreciated....

you will have to insert a static route for the linksys internal network on the router that's located on the inside of the concentrator