Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Lan to LAN ipsec

I'm a beginner, so please bare with me. I'm trying to get a lan to lan tunnel between a LInksys VPN router and a cisco 3000 conectrator. I can get the tunnnel created but can't get clients behind the linksys router to see the private side of the concentrator. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES

Re: Lan to LAN ipsec

This may be an issue of interoperability between Linksys router and VPN3000. Have you try to ping from a machine behind VPN3000 to the internal lan protected by Linksys router ? Tunnel`s initiator from VPN3000 may create a tunnel that is available from Linksys protected network.

I am not able to ping from behind the Cisco VPN3000 to behind the Linksys router but I suspect this is because the LAN routers behind the Cisco VPN have no route for the network that is behind the Linksys VPN. I can, however, ping clients behind the Linksys VPN from the Cisco concentrator itself.

I have discovered something though. From behind the Linksys VPN router I can ping the the private interface of the Cisco VPN concentrator. But still nothing else on the same internal network.

I know I'm probably confusing you by now. Any help is greatly appreciated....

you will have to insert a static route for the linksys internal network on the router that's located on the inside of the concentrator

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content